NRG is leading a customer-driven change in the U.S. energy industry by delivering cleaner and smarter energy choices, while building on the strength of the nation‚€™s largest and most diverse competitive power portfolio. A Fortune 200 company, we create value through reliable and efficient conventional generation while driving innovation in solar and renewable power, electric vehicle ecosystems, carbon capture technology and customer-centric energy solutions. Our retail electricity providers serve almost 3 million residential and commercial customers throughout the country. More information is available at www.nrg.com. Connect with NRG Energy on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @nrgenergy.
Summary Technical Intern ‚€“ Ash Program Evaluation
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
- ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ Develop a fundamental understanding NRG‚€™s Ash programs at various manufacturing sites
- ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ Create a database of all NRG ash sites with documentation of physical condition, historical inspection reports, environmental compliance obligations, and regulatory compliance history
- ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ Develop recommendations for ash site management improvement
- ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ Assist with other technical support activities on an as-needed basis
Education:¬ ¬ ¬
- Senior Level / Graduate standing with strong academic standing.
- ¬ Have completed math/science/engineering college courses applicable towards a technical or environmental 4 year college degree.
- Declared major in a technical field is required.¬
Experience:¬ ¬ ¬
- College student / graduate in good standing with university.
- Previous co-op / intern experience preferred.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
- Candidate must be familiar with spreadsheets and how to operate and maintain spreadsheets.
- Strong computer and analytical skills.¬ Valid drivers license from one of the United States.
- Ability to use PC based word-processing, spreadsheet, and database software.
- Limited physical labor involved.¬
- Will be exposed to Power Plant Environment-Work both inside and outside in all temperatures and climate conditions in accordance with Heat Stress procedures¬ ; around large¬ rotating equipment and energized electrical equipment in high noise areas; in confined spaces; and/or on elevations in excess of 250 feet or from platforms at heights of 5 feet or greater.¬
- May have to climb stairways, ladders, and work from aerial devices.
- The scheduled workweek is Monday ‚€“ Friday, 5 - 8 hour days.
- Dress attire is casual (blue jeans and a shirt with a collar). Must wear PPE, steel toed shoes, safety glasses, gloves and other PPE as required.
- Some Engineering positions require working outdoors approximately 50% of the time.
This job description reflects an assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.¬ Other duties and tasks may be assigned to this job at the Company's discretion.
NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. ¬ To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing. EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability
EEO is the Law Poster¬ (The poster can be found at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
Official description on file with Human Resources